DOES ONE NEED TO DO ANYTHING before attending a conference? Chris Brogan listed 27 Things to Do Before a Conference (thanks, Keven). Here’s a compact rewrite of the tasks in terms of the tools involved (Google, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.):
1. Event schedule :
- Research - Note what you want to see and get a sense of what you might ask and/or decide what the business value of your interaction at the session might be.
2. Google Blogsearch and Technorati :
- Research - Look for event references to the event, company announcements, signs of business opportunity.
3. Google News and Google searches (in addition to 2. above) :
- Research – Look for industry news around the event, to understand what might be impacting the people you’re mingling with. Read the rest of this entry »
- Nexus 2007: Will it lead Web 2.0 in SG?
- Virtual Conferencing Not Here Yet?
- Teens not into Twitter — Morgan Stanley, PMN survey
- ‘Web of Mass Distraction’?
- 7 reasons to use Facebook
- 13 reasons your Facebook account will be disabled
- Insight#5: More Good Ways to Use Twitter