ARE YOU MALAY, a Millennial (born between 1978 and 2000), and a New Media expert, entrepreneur, innovator, researcher, practitioner or student? Why not join this new media group for Singapore Malays set up by Hazman Aziz?
The group exists as a platform for discussion, advocacy and action to uplift, improve, and perhaps solve Singapore Malay issues using New Media.
For more details on Millennials (a.k.a Generation “We”), check out this thought-provoking American video:
It’s interesting to see how problems (in this case, various crises in the USA such as the 9/11 incident, Hurricane Katrina and the recent subprime financial crisis) can be effective triggers for deeper learning and a firmer resolve to unite and to collaborate among the young. It would be even more interesting to see if a Generation “We” New Media group could be set up across race and religions in Asia, and NOT just for Malays in Singapore. Hey, Hazman, would you be game to do this?
An extract from Sarah Burris’ blog:
- Dedicated to improving the common good over individual gain, a sentiment that crosses all racial, ideological and partisan lines.
- Reject fundamental principles of modern conservatism – primary focus on individual rights and trickle down economics.
- Welcome innovation and are eager to establish a new paradigm.
- Introducing “Asia Social Media Directory”
- Influential Japanese Love Twitter
- Asia Social Media projects – 2 months later
- John Edwards: My Twitter Friend!
- ‘Industry’ vs. ‘Academia’ II
- Academia more Social Media-Savvy than Businesses
- SOCIAL Media – some people just don’t get it! Grrrr….