ABOUT TWO MONTHS AFTER STARTING the Asia Social Media directory, map and network, the percentage of Asian visitors (excluding Singaporeans) to my site has now jumped from less than 5 % in March to almost 20%. For example, the Geo Locations for this blog in March were:
And the Geo Locations for this blog in May were:
IN TERMS OF NUMBERS, membership in the directory, the map and the network now stands at 16, 30 and 45 respectively. Quite modest numbers really. However, I’m proud to say that we have quite a number of prominent and/or interesting bloggers among the members from various countries. For example:
- Chris Smith, whose Shambles Forest of Theme Blogs currently supports international school communities (teachers, support staff, administrators, students and families) in 17 countries in South East Asia!
- Keso, a top 10 blogger for China-related posts (according to Technorati)
- Keven Lw, founder of the Chinese Library 2.0 network and a library R&D leader in Shanghai, China
- Liew C.F., a top 10 blogger for Malaysia-related posts (according to Technorati)
- Pinoyblogosphere (Philipppines) – blog aggregator, directory, ranking, etc. for Pinoy blogs.
- And many others. (My apologies if I’ve left someone important out inadvertently. :-p)
Recently, to encourage ownership, I started inviting some of the more prominent bloggers to become admins/reps for their countries. Invariably, they also started to ask me what an admin/rep is supposed to do? I’ve no clear answer.
I know that I want to promote more exchange among social media users in Asia, possibly (especially?) in the areas of education and business. I also know that I’d like to have more visitors from Asia (other than Singapore). As for specifically where and how the network should be heading, I certainly welcome suggestions, ideas, etc. Could you give me some please?
- Introducing “Asia Social Media Directory”
- No Blogger blog in Technorati Top 100?
- Top Blogs in China, Malaysia & Philippines
- Technorati’s State of the Blogosphere 2008
- Japanese Loves to Read Blogs?
- SOCIAL Media – some people just don’t get it! Grrrr….
- Insight#4: Of Alexa, Dmoz & Technorati