[Submitted this request, slightly edited, to Twitter this morning:]
This is what I DID:
I added another username, hoping to have TWO CHANNELS (or usernames) on the SAME PHONE LINE: One for business subscribers and one for friends/fans/family.
This is what I EXPECTED to happen:
I truly hope that Twitter would give TWO CHANNELS on the SAME PHONE LINE: One for business subscribers and one for friends/fans/family. Possibility: Use prefixes to separate business from personal. E.g. [BIZ] for business and [PERS] for personal.
This is what ACTUALLY happened:
The system informed me that the phone line has already been used by another username. I’m a rather private person. I also hope to receive only business tweets from many of the people that I’m following. But many of them are getting too personal, sending out many tweets that are useless/meaningless (er, to me).
- Insight#5: More Good Ways to Use Twitter
- Permission Marketing – revisited
- Insight#1: To ‘Open’ or Not to ‘Open’?
- My Secret Blog: A Garden Where Feelings Flow
- Teen usage of Social Media – 2007 vs 2005
- Links on Comments Here “DoFollow”
- The biggest ethical issues in Social Media today