A noteworthy post in Healthbolt (thanks to ProBlogger):
Healthbolt has done some nice analysis of the layouts of top 10 blogs at Technorati and comes up with the following Composite Map. It gives a unique insight at how a small group of top blogs arrange themselves.
See it at full size and with a key to interpret the colors here but before you go and look at it, see if you can predict what each color signifies in the following categories:
- Email/RSS Subscription
- Header/Site ID/Branding/Logo
- Internal Links/Navigation
- Nielsen’s Best Practices of Top Intranets
- Top 10 Weblog Design Mistakes
- Top Blogs in China, Malaysia & Philippines
- Baidu & Its Competitors in China
- Insight#3: What’s My PageRank?
- 5 Ways we consume info in Web 2.0 world
- Age of Content Abundance