HOW CAN blogs be used? What are their benefits? These lists, compiled by George Siemens in his article The Art of Blogging, are not new. But they are useful ones to keep in mind.
As an emerging tool, blogging uses have still not been completely explored. Some current uses:
- Communication, Self-expression, Self-marketing
- Campaigning/social reform – see Tara Grubb
- Community building
- Customer service – see Blogging Goes Corporate
- Experience tracking – A K-log Pilot Recap
- Interactive journalism – see Instapundit
- Knowledge sharing and knowledge management – see Bottoms Up KM Development
- Learning – see SchoolBlogs
- Storytelling – see Grassroots KM Through Blogging
- Insight#1: To ‘Open’ or Not to ‘Open’?
- Wikis & Blogs in CIA
- RSS, Blogs, Wikis… ELGG!
- Insight#2: Antidote for Babel Babble?
- BG Yeo on New Media and Politics
- A Brief Bio (Finally…)
- ASPRIe for CoPs